Monday, August 27, 2012

Yearning

I reached the period in which the vacation is over, you know that two week mark where you spend every moment visiting, wandering, and wearing your body out but when that two week period ends your happy to go home. The realization that I'm living in Thailand for five months has sunken in. At this point it's strange to think this is what my life is and I must become accustomed to everyday life in Thailand. Don't get me wrong I'm having a wonderful time but just like any trip I realize what a beautiful state I live in. I appreciate California so much and my love for it grows everyday. The wonderful thing is with every weekend that goes by I'll have the ability to travel, in turn taking many vacations. It really boils down to living in the moment and time. Most likely there won't be a point in my life where I'm surrounded by young beautiful people yearning to learn and see all there is to see. I don't think I'll ever find myself living in southeast Asian and having the carefree ability to pick up my bag hop on a bus and arrive at the next island where I fill my days with cool drink, laughter, and needless amounts of swimming. But, maybe that moment in time will happen. Either way my hunger for southeast Asian is nowhere near satisfied...I'm in still in the tasting round. I wonder what's for dessert? Though most likely I'll grab a nice cold strong drink after...or a cup of tea.

2 comments:

  1. love this zuz! I can't wait to start posting, miss you so much xo

    ReplyDelete