Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ayutthaya, Thailand

As most of you already know I recently inked my arm with a open birdcage. As I've recently found out an open birdcage is looked as very good luck in Thailand. Throughout the city you see simple wooden birdcages containing a single bird. As a sign of good luck the Thai people will let the bird go, they believe that a bird shouldn't live contained in a cage and it must be set free. Though the significance of my tattoo doesn't mean exactly that, there is a resemblance. It was wonderful finding that out especially considering im still so new to this county. As I wander around Thailand I now feel like a lucky bird set free. This does sound somewhat cheesy but seeing the reaction from the people and knowing the significance has been heartwarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment