Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Cross off my Bucket List

I can't believe it's actually coming to a end.  Currently sitting in the airport waiting for my flight home, and can not stop thinking about how fast the past 3 months have flown by! Needless to say I still captured the whole experience of living a Parisian lifestyle.  I mean, last night I even got felt up on the metro! That was definitely just the cherry on top of the beautifully frosted cake ;)  As excited as I am to go home, I will definitely miss this beautifully, dirty, eclectic, simple-living city.  I remember my first few weeks here, always feeling uneasy and never confident in my decisions, nor my speaking abilities, but when I look at how I approach my day to day life now, I am confident, adventurous and perfectly fine getting lost in side streets and finding my own way back.  Just like when I first moved to San Diego for college, not knowing a single soul, living on my own, driving in a city I had never driven in before, you learn to adapt, and slowly you build back up your confidence and eventually make that city 'Yo Bitch'.  I think by the end of this experience, paris was my female dog.  Adventuring to parts of town that aren't your "typical" hot spots, but nonetheless explored them and got the most out of it because, I can!  If there was somewhere I saw and wanted to go, I would without hesitation grab my coat and jump on the metro and ride that thing till I got to where I wanted to be!  But may I add I am extremely thrilled knowing I won't have to take the metro to school... or ANYWHERE, for that matter, any more!  I now cherish my personal space, because in Paris, there is no such thing.  I have gained so much from this experience and thank god for pictures (I swear I have short term memory loss) I will remember this trip forever.








No comments:

Post a Comment